Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

Could this be a kidney stone?

Kidney stones run on my mother's side and I am not sure of they're hereditary but both my grandmother and uncle have them.

Lately, I have been feeling awkward sharp pains in my lower abdominal area and sometimes in my upper abdominal.  At first, I was worried that I might be pregnant, because my last period was almost non-visible, so I took two pregnancy tests.  However, both of the tests were negative.  

For the last week, I have been needing to go to the bathroom a lot more than previously.  I used to only have to use the toilet to urinate four to five times a day- now, it's been about eight to nine times.

Anyway, the last time that I used the restroom, I noticed a strange discharge.  It didn't look like a blood clot- it was was various shades of orange and almost looked like a tiny flower.  It was actually appealing to me and I couldn't help but think, "how pretty," it was.  I felt a bit freaked out quickly after thinking it was pretty and flushed the toilet immediately after.

Does this sound like a kidney stone?  

Thank you

I am a 25 year old female who has both MS and PCOS.  I take various medications for treatment.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Kidney stones are hereditary for sure.  It's unfortunate but that's what I've been told by all my doctors.  And in my family, all have had them but interesting to note -- different types!