Kidney Stones Community
419 Members

Kidney Stone results : 65% calcium 35% carbonate..

Good Afternoon, I had one kidney stone last month, suprisingly minimal pain, it was approx 4mm stone.  The results came back and doctor called me and said: it was 65% calcium 35% carbonate.  I tried to do my own research but, can't really find the breakdown to determine what it was caused from, i found calcium stones but not carbonate.  Any suggestions? Help?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, sorry to welcome you to the kidney stone community, but it's a great place for support.

Are you taking any calcium supplements?  The only thing I could find online speaks about carbonate as a different form of calcium taken as supplements.  But I really am not sure at all and not a medical professional.

Hope you feel better soon.  I tend to always get a UTI after a stone and 4mm seems to be my "lucky" #in that none have been larger (thank goodness).

C~