Aa
A
A
A
Close
Kidney Stones Community
419 Members

Kidney Stone results : 65% calcium 35% carbonate..

Good Afternoon, I had one kidney stone last month, suprisingly minimal pain, it was approx 4mm stone.  The results came back and doctor called me and said: it was 65% calcium 35% carbonate.  I tried to do my own research but, can't really find the breakdown to determine what it was caused from, i found calcium stones but not carbonate.  Any suggestions? Help?
1 Responses
168348 tn?1379357075
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, sorry to welcome you to the kidney stone community, but it's a great place for support.

Are you taking any calcium supplements?  The only thing I could find online speaks about carbonate as a different form of calcium taken as supplements.  But I really am not sure at all and not a medical professional.

Hope you feel better soon.  I tend to always get a UTI after a stone and 4mm seems to be my "lucky" #in that none have been larger (thank goodness).

C~
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.