Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

Kidney Stones

I recently, within the last 2 weeks, had a ureteroscopic procedure done, today I'm awakened by the same pain in my side as before along with nausea and vomiting.  My doctor orders me in for a standard radiologic x-ray-WHY?   The last time images were ordered, I had a, I believe a CAT and x-ray.  The x-ray showed nothing out of the ordinary, whereas the CT showrd a huge 14mm stone in my left kidney urerter.  The x-ray today shows nothing just like the last x-ray so why waste my husband taking time off work, unpaid, to take an image which isn't going to show anything anyway????????????????
COMMUNITY LEADER
How are you doing? I just saw your posting.  Did you end up with a stone that didn't show up?  I hope you are better as of this writing.  I think they start with x-rays v the cont'd buildup of radiation in a CT scan.  Just my two cents.

C~
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be new stones or due to stones passed down from the kidney. If they are radio opaque they can be picked up by X rays.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.