Kidney Stones Community
412 Members

Kidney stone removal / stent and alternate

I am one of those many folks going through the kidney stone problem and had laser litropsy with stent put in place today 3/23/15.  This post is q question to experts and also sharing information with other folks here.

Can anyone give me some advice on using the two alternative medicine below.  It seems these are pretty common over-the-counter type drugs outside of US and in some countries, on government managed medication list (such as South Korea and Germany).

Rowatinex
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006NXNFA

Chanca piedra
http://www.amazon.com/Whole-World-Botanicals-Bladder-Support/dp/B0027E884M/

When the pain was extreme, I had nothing but pray while going to ER - I was thinking about Jesus's pain he had on the Cross for our sins.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. [Psalms 22]

... and with his stripes we are healed [Isaiah 53]
Michael,

Hopefully, your kidney stone problems will be over FOR NOW anyway, with having had your procedure yesterday. No question but that kidney stone pain can be unbearable without pain meds to help ease that pain. I know for me personally it is that way 98% of the time. You'll have to be watchful though as now that you've had a kidney stone, you'll most likely experience more of them as time goes on. Keep drinking plenty of water daily and that will help, but if your body is prone to making them, you'll definitely have this experience again in the future.

As far as the medications you mentioned, I have no idea what they are since you indicated that they aren't sold here in the US where I am and I've never heard of them. Maybe someone else in here will have some info regarding either of them that will be of help to youin answering your question.

As far as the scriptures you quoted, I'm pleased that while you were on the way to the ER with your kidney stone pain that you could think of scripture. In my personal situation, my kidney stone pain is usually so bad that it's all I can do to get to the hospital ER for a shot of Demoral to kill that pain. As a Christian too, I do appreciate your analogy though and I'm glad it works for you.