Aa
A
A
A
Close
Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

Kidney stones

I had a kidney stone removed 3 days ago. I don't know what procedure they used, all I know it that I now have a green pipe thingy in my penis. Every time I urinate ( which is like 20 times a day) it feels like I'm passing blades and I get a sharp pain in my kidney. There is also blood present that I can see, but not every time I urinate, mostly in the mornings and later in the evenings. I must admit that the pain is getting better everyday. My question is, are all these symptoms normal and when can I take the pipe thingy out?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
Lithotripsy is the most common management for kidney stones.The recovery time is usually  short and after treatment, you may  have blood in the urine and even abdominal pain or aching for several days.  Oral pain medication and drinking lots of water will help relieve symptoms. It is important that you check with your doctor first for evaluation before removing the stent.  Take care and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.