Kidney Stones Forum

Recurrent Kidney Stones

I have recurrent kidney stones but the good thing is that I pass out them.This happens twice or thrice in the year.Analysis of kidney stone revealed 70% oxalat,20% calcium and 10% phosphate.What should I do because these stones accompany UTI's and cystitis.
I would suggest an evaluation with a urologist or nephrologist who specializes in stone disease and prevention.  You should do a "metabolic evaluation" that includes a 24 hour collection of urine while you are eating and drinking normally, blood work, urine cultures and some imaging of your kidneys.  Only then can a real plan for prevention be put in place.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.