Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

bleeding after lithotripsy in stools

yesterday had lithotripsy for second time for stones 18 hours later have discofort in left kidney feeling sickly and have noticed alot of blood in my stool is this normal or should i contact gp
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would call your doc for sure .. please, let us know how  you are doing and take care.

C~
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is not normal to have blood in stools after  lithotripsy. It may not be related to the procedure. Haemorrhoids (piles) is the commonest cause for painless bleeding into the stool. Another cause is fissure in ano, where there is pain while passing motion with bleeding. Other causes are inflammatory bowel disorders like ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease can produce similar symptoms. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.