Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

please help i need advice! multiple kidney stones in just a month +

Hi everyone! I am new on here but have read many questions and answers on here before and I really need some help. For 8 years I have been a kidney stone sufferer. I was always told how uncommon it was for a girl my age (first stones were at age 19,I am now 27) to have kidney stones and also plus because I am a woman and women don't tend to get them. I was never ever offered any help even after asking for advice from many doctors on what should I do?? I have had kidney stones at least 3-4 Times a year. But this past month I have passed 10 stones so far and counting. Each time at the ER I am prescribed pain meds and anti nausea pills and sent home. I am passing stones again and last trip to ER after cat scan I was told I have so many stones in both kidneys they didn't even bother counting. I finally have a appt with a urologist today at 2:30. My questions are....for the past 3 days I have been on a all liquids diet. Always two gallons of water by my bed to suck down. I have not drank anything but water. I can not eat anything solid with out vomiting right away and even the liquids sometimes can not stay down. I have severe pain on both sides of my lower abdomen and both sides flank pain. I am at my wits end. I am out of pain medication and nausea medication isn't working anymore. I want to be hospitalized. Get this pain under control. Get my appetite back. I am a mom of three and I stay home with my 1 year old daughter and this past month has been hell and so hard to even do daily activities to care for my daughter because the pain and nausea is so bad. Has anyone been through anything like this before??? I can't do this anymore! What was done for you or is there anyone with any recommendations on how to get my urologist to take me seriously right away and not make me wait weeks before making a decision on what to do :(
HI,
How was your follow-up with your urologist? What initial tests were done? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the last couple of years. While recurrence of kidney stone is possible, further evaluation is important especially if you have been having these more frequently. Aside from fluid intake, diet modification and medications may also be prescribed. Take care and do keep us posted.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi .. you may want to stop by the MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney) community.  Please keep us posted!  What did your Uro say?

MSK: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Medullary-Sponge-Kidney-Disease-MSK-/show/256

C~