Kidney Stones Forum

spongy kidney

Have a question had a ultrasound done said had a spongy kidney maybe fatty kidney sent to urologists than they cancelled my appointment saying I need to c a nepheroligist how ever u spell it so I'm confused what does it mean m what's wrong with me
I'm not sure what that means "fatty kidney."  A urologist deals with surgical problems in the kidney like stones, blockages, or cancers.  A nephrologist deals more with functional issues of the kidneys.
A related discussion, diet for medulla sponge kidney disease was started.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.