Kidney Stones Forum

stress urinary incontinence ever since ureteral stent and ureteroscopy

I had a ureteral stent for 1.5 months in June of 2012. In August of 2012 I had a Ureteroscopy, both were in relation to kidney stones. Ever since the Ureteroscopy I have had pretty bad stress urinary incontinence. Is this a normal side effect of either procedure?? Is this a permanent side effect?? Is there anything non surgical I can do to help the incontinence? I've been doing Kegel exercises religiously since October with no results. It's been 6 months of urinary incontinence.
Neither a stent nor a ureteroscopy should cause stress incontinence.  It has been at least six months so I would suggest seeing a urologist or gynecologist for further evaluation and consideration of a sling, which is a surgical procedure to correct stress incontinence.
A related discussion, Basket Extraction Post Incontinence was started.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.