Knee pain? Community
44 Members

Right knee - Lateral, offer suggestions?

Pain is very specific in location, center of joint on the lateral side and slightly behind from that location. Pain is not constant and started a few years ago as slightly aggravating but now (still not constant) when it comes on it is severe/sharp. No range of motion, swelling or bruising/discoloration issues.
Running forward aggravates it, but running side-step does not (except when I plant hard on my right foot to begin side-stepping left). Squatting/standing from seated position can cause pain. Pain flairs sometimes just when I get out of bed.  43 yr - Male - played competitive level soccer for over 30 years. Recently tennis.
No previous - serious knee injuries. Hoping to get insights from this community before paying to see an Ortho. Any sugestions?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.