Ct scan show soft tissue in anterior mediastinal fat...residual thymus??

I have been having persistant chest pain that is gettin unbearable (left side), feel my heart pounding constantly and a feels like a weight on my chest for many months now, all recent tests have come back normal, echo, stress test, cardiac cath. , pulmonary ct scan (had these about 8 mths ago) the last couple of months the pain is gettin unbearable. I went for a chest x ray 2 wks ago and then a ct of the chest 1 week ago and this was the result....Some soft tissue prominence is in the mediastinal fat which may represent residual thymus. Given my age 49 this is unusual. Additional anterior mediastinal masses including lymphoma and thymoma cannot be totally excluded. Followup examination in 3 mths is recommended for reevaluation.  I have no idea what this means and I am pretty scared. Anyone have any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated....Shine
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0