Leukemia & Lymphoma Community

Today I woke up with a swollen lump on my neck.

Today I woke up with a swollen lump located on the left side of my neck, under my ear.  It's tender when I touch it.  Yesterday, I woke up to what I think is a pimple on my left jaw line.  I tried to pop it but nothing happened.   Tried popping it again today and nothing.  I can see about 3 openings and it is visibly swollen.  The lump on my neck is about an inch long.  What could this be?  I am not feeling sick but these are other symptoms I have had for a while.  Extreme fatigue, probably caused by my chronic anemia.  As of two years ago I can't tolerate spicy foods at all.  Even the slightest bit burns my mouth like crazy.  Toothpaste and mouthwash cause the same burning sensation.   I am a 42 year old female and up until 2 years ago I always enjoyed eating spicy food.  Not sure if this is related to the lump found today.   Any advice is appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, it's not likely at all to be lymphoma. Since it came up overnight and there is infection in the area, it's likely a lymph node "reacting' to the infection.

The tongue sensitivity might very well be caused by immune system chemicals, though I haven't heard of that specifically.

Maybe there's an underlying tooth problem causing everything. Good luck.