Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
1.78k Members

Today I woke up with a swollen lump on my neck.

Today I woke up with a swollen lump located on the left side of my neck, under my ear.  It's tender when I touch it.  Yesterday, I woke up to what I think is a pimple on my left jaw line.  I tried to pop it but nothing happened.   Tried popping it again today and nothing.  I can see about 3 openings and it is visibly swollen.  The lump on my neck is about an inch long.  What could this be?  I am not feeling sick but these are other symptoms I have had for a while.  Extreme fatigue, probably caused by my chronic anemia.  As of two years ago I can't tolerate spicy foods at all.  Even the slightest bit burns my mouth like crazy.  Toothpaste and mouthwash cause the same burning sensation.   I am a 42 year old female and up until 2 years ago I always enjoyed eating spicy food.  Not sure if this is related to the lump found today.   Any advice is appreciated.
1 Responses
1081992 tn?1389907237
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, it's not likely at all to be lymphoma. Since it came up overnight and there is infection in the area, it's likely a lymph node "reacting' to the infection.

The tongue sensitivity might very well be caused by immune system chemicals, though I haven't heard of that specifically.

Maybe there's an underlying tooth problem causing everything. Good luck.
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.