Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

Cancer

Can a pet scan pick up any problems with the bone?  Or do I need a bone scan for that.
I had non-hodgins lymphoma over the summer of 2010.  Latest pet scan was done in late november, 2010.  Everything was fine.  Having muscular pain mostly in legs and bones crack everytime I get dressed or move in bed. Can anything be developing from the lymphoma even though I had the pet scan not that long ago?  My calcium and alkaline levels are elevated also.
My sister had non hodgkins lymphoma too.

But, you are posting this question in the breast cancer forum and we really aren't well versed in NHL.

A PET scan will pick up cancers that are of a certain size. I've never had a bone scan and don't know if they will pick up smaller cancers or not.

I think you'll get much better response in the CANCER forum.

Best wishes.