Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.82k Members

Cancer

Can a pet scan pick up any problems with the bone?  Or do I need a bone scan for that.
I had non-hodgins lymphoma over the summer of 2010.  Latest pet scan was done in late november, 2010.  Everything was fine.  Having muscular pain mostly in legs and bones crack everytime I get dressed or move in bed. Can anything be developing from the lymphoma even though I had the pet scan not that long ago?  My calcium and alkaline levels are elevated also.
1 Responses
739091 tn?1300669627
My sister had non hodgkins lymphoma too.

But, you are posting this question in the breast cancer forum and we really aren't well versed in NHL.

A PET scan will pick up cancers that are of a certain size. I've never had a bone scan and don't know if they will pick up smaller cancers or not.

I think you'll get much better response in the CANCER forum.

Best wishes.
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.