Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

How long does it take to say a lymph node is truly benign?

If you have had a FNA, and core needle biopsy of the largest of the "enlarged" lymph nodes and the test said it was benign hyperplasia.  is 5 months of it not increasing in size but still being able to be palpable safe to say the test was correct? Even if it is in the collarbone area?
wow i thought this was such a good question that most people would want to know on this forum since most of us write about lymph nodes.
My doctor confirmed to me that in benign nodules you would not notice any growth over a short period of time. I can confirm that with my non-benign as soon as we did the FNA the growth went into hyper mode which just confirmed the FNA results.