Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

I'm getting fear about second cancer

I'm taking treatment for hodgkin's lymphoma.. my friends have been telling that so many people will get second cancer even if we take treatment. is it true..? how can i prevent it..? thanks in advance.....
Hi.  I was diagnosed with Stage 4  hodgkin's lymphoma and  was treated with a chemo regement called stanford IV. I have been in remission for 8 years. Depending on your treatment (if your treated with radiation and staging) would determine the percent of risk of getting a second cancer some day.  Don't focus on that just focus on your treatment now. Good luck.