Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

Keep treating swollen lymph node with antibiotics?

About one month ago I found a lump on my neck which was diagnosed as a swollen lymph node. My only other "symptom" was some minor acne on my face & neck. My doctor's PA prescribed an antibiotic to clear the acne & any other possible infection that might be causing the gland to swell. The acne was clear for about 2 weeks, but began to reappear when my prescription was finished.
When I went for my follow up visit with the PA she agreed that there was no change to the lymph node, so she prescribed another round of antibiotics. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but this makes no sense to me.... "Let's try some antibiotics. Oh, that didn't work? OK, let's try again." Isn't that the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
omg i know how you feel :|
i have minor acne on my face and like 3 pimples on my neck, and i have a lump on my neck for about 3 weeks now and it started off as about a pea size and it is now a bit bigger then a marble. i have not been prescribed any antibiotics but to me that doesn't make any sense to try the same thing over again expecting results.
btw im 15 :)