Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.84k Members

Keep treating swollen lymph node with antibiotics?

About one month ago I found a lump on my neck which was diagnosed as a swollen lymph node. My only other "symptom" was some minor acne on my face & neck. My doctor's PA prescribed an antibiotic to clear the acne & any other possible infection that might be causing the gland to swell. The acne was clear for about 2 weeks, but began to reappear when my prescription was finished.
When I went for my follow up visit with the PA she agreed that there was no change to the lymph node, so she prescribed another round of antibiotics. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but this makes no sense to me.... "Let's try some antibiotics. Oh, that didn't work? OK, let's try again." Isn't that the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
1 Responses
1061755 tn?1269138071
omg i know how you feel :|
i have minor acne on my face and like 3 pimples on my neck, and i have a lump on my neck for about 3 weeks now and it started off as about a pea size and it is now a bit bigger then a marble. i have not been prescribed any antibiotics but to me that doesn't make any sense to try the same thing over again expecting results.
btw im 15 :)  
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child