Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.83k Members

Leukemia?

What diagnosis leads when CBC comes back with high WBC 40.2, low RBC 3.73, RDW 17.8 , Platelet low 75, Bands 20, lymphocytes 11, metamyelocyte 4, myelocyte 3 and reticulocyte ct 2.3?  A type of Leukemia or could RA cause such results?
1 Responses
Hi:  If your doctor sent you for these blood tests, did they say Why?  Were they looking for something, and for what reason. What kind of symptoms did you have?  Usually Leukemia is found through a routine blood test, and not because of symptoms other than maybe feeling tired all the time.
    The fact that you have a high WBC indicates that something is wrong.  You need to have it checked out as soon as possible.
    I have Leukemia, and did not feel sick.  I just went for my yearly medical blood test, and my WBC was 11, then it was repeated and it was 18.  40.2 is way too high.
At 18 they did a bone marrow biopsy on me to see what was going on, and thats how they found out I had Leukemia.  I have Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia or its called CML.
   Please act on this right away to find out what is going on with you.  Please post back after you find out what the problem is.  I wil try to help you out if I can.
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.