Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

Lump in my neck

I'm not sure this is the right place to post... but I have a question about a lump in teh right side of my neck.. it is right next to my adams apple.. I have to press back a little but can definitely feel it .. the size of a marble or larger.. at least the part I can feel.. I also feel a pulse through it.. Is this my carotid artery, or could it be a lump in front of it.. it is very hard for me to tell .. but there is nothign on the other side of my neck that feels like this (it does not hurt).. its been there for a while.. but seems much easier to find now.. also I have been getting "chills" in my jar.. when I am not cold.. it just seems to tense up in my jaw and also all in the back of my neck below the skull . and it causes me to shiver.. I get a pressure in my head as well as more consistent headaches.. I have been experiencing pains in my lower left Abdomen for some time and feel something there as well.. so far nothing has been found.. but the pain at times runs through my groin and down my leg.. obviously i have no way of knowing if this is connected. but feel foolish to run back to the Dr again to look at my neck unless maybe you can tell me you think it is necessary. I have been on the low side of energy and much of the time fatigued for over 8 months now.. had low iron adjusted already and only slightly helped..ANy insight you can give me or direction to look in would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you
Carol
Its best you see a doctor. The doctor will probably investigate along the lines of a thyroid or a laryngeal mass. Are there any symptoms pertaining to voice quality? Hoarseness? It may be a reactive lymph node enlargement if you had an infection in your larynx.
The area is not typically where lymph nodes where lymphomas tend to be present, however, the abdominal findings may be an enlarged spleen (though this is located on the left upper abdomen). Again, my best suggestion is a consultation with a physician.