A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.84k Members
198703 tn?1207710228

Lump in my neck

Hi

I'm not sure this is the right place to post... but I have a question about a lump in teh right side of my neck.. it is right next to my adams apple.. I have to press back a little but can definitely feel it .. the size of a marble or larger.. at least the part I can feel.. I also feel a pulse through it.. Is this my carotid artery, or could it be a lump in front of it.. it is very hard for me to tell .. but there is nothign on the other side of my neck that feels like this (it does not hurt).. its been there for a while.. but seems much easier to find now.. also I have been getting "chills" in my jar.. when I am not cold.. it just seems to tense up in my jaw and also all in the back of my neck below the skull . and it causes me to shiver.. I get a pressure in my head as well as more consistent headaches.. I have been experiencing pains in my lower left Abdomen for some time and feel something there as well.. so far nothing has been found.. but the pain at times runs through my groin and down my leg.. obviously i have no way of knowing if this is connected. but feel foolish to run back to the Dr again to look at my neck unless maybe you can tell me you think it is necessary. I have been on the low side of energy and much of the time fatigued for over 8 months now.. had low iron adjusted already and only slightly helped..ANy insight you can give me or direction to look in would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you
Carol
1 Responses
Its best you see a doctor. The doctor will probably investigate along the lines of a thyroid or a laryngeal mass. Are there any symptoms pertaining to voice quality? Hoarseness? It may be a reactive lymph node enlargement if you had an infection in your larynx.
The area is not typically where lymph nodes where lymphomas tend to be present, however, the abdominal findings may be an enlarged spleen (though this is located on the left upper abdomen). Again, my best suggestion is a consultation with a physician.
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389903637
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child