A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.83k Members
7729616 tn?1393799092

Lymphoma?

Hi I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right discussion group, but my concerns are:

* My red blood cell count has been high in the past year.

January 2013: 5.33 (4.94-4.80)
August 2013: 4.94 (3.80-4.80)

The levels have not been tested again since.

* I was diagnosed Hashimoto's in January of this year but although my antibodies have waxed and waned and I am receiving treatment with Levothyroxine I understand that Hashimoto's is associated with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma?

* The thyroid ultrasound I had done in February 2012 showed the thyroid had another blood supply and I have been told that this is indicative of cancer/lymphoma. This blood supply has since gone as the repeat ultrasound done in March of this year showed nothing. I'm now under the impression this has now moved.

* I have since developed pains in my right breast, 2 lumps in the same breast, and dull pains in my back, shoulder blade and ribcage.

* I have had breast problems in the past as I had a blocked milk duct confirmed by biopsy. This was back in 2005.

Any advice would be welcomed.

:)
1 Responses
907672 tn?1381029323
Your red blood cell count doesn't seem to be extremely elevated, so I'm not sure if it's a real concern (but I'm not a doctor so I could be wrong about that).  

MALT Lymphomas (a type of NHL) of the thyroid are often associated with Hashimoto Thyroiditis.  MALT Lymphomas frequently arise in tissues that are chronically inflamed in response to either autoimmune disease or chronic infection.  The chronic stimulation of lymphocytes may predispose to the development of this form of lymphoma.

So, regarding the separate blood supply to the thyroid: It was once there but is now gone and has moved somewhere else?  I have never heard of a blood supply to a tumor moving somewhere else.  Is your thyroid enlarged?    Have your doctors considered removing the thyroid for biopsy?  They may be able to do a needle biopsy, but it is a lot less accurate.  

As for the lumps in your breast, I hope you have had them looked at.  I can tell you that lymphoma can show up in the breast as well as in the more common areas (underarms, neck, groin, etc.).  It's rare, but it does happen.  I should know as I was one of the rare ones.  
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child