Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.84k Members

Swollen lymph node in armpit

Yesterday I discovered a lump in my armpit. It's not attached to anything and is pretty round, about a centimeter in diameter. For many months i've noticed some irritation there, beginning after I shaved my armpits once. I just thought it was some reaction from that, but now finding that lump there, im concerned. Im not sure if it's a swollen lymph node, or a cyst, or something else entirely. I've scheduled a doctors appointment, but hope to find some kind of understanding prior. I've read that swollen lymph nodes can be an early sign of hiv infection, and last year there were two instances that would put me at risk with partners of unknown status. I plan to get tested soon, but in the meantime I'm hoping to understand this better as well. I only have the one lump, and hiv is usually indicated by more then one? Also, my hand on the arm with the lump, that hand frequently gets impetigo ever since I was a child. Im not sure what kind of impetigo, though judging from descriptions and photos on the web, my best guess is bollus impetigo. Could this lead to a swollen lymph node there?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389903637
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child