Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.83k Members

What's going on?

I've had my 11 yr old son into the doctor's office many times this past season for constant infections...I actually started noticing them a yr ago winter...every time we went in the acted as is I was a paranoid mother...a couple of months ago I insisted on a new doctor - this time the doctor listened...he did some lab work and it showed elevated platelets and white count after my son being on antibiotics...he had us go to a pediatric hematologist/oncologist...they did blood work, and it all came back within the normal ranges...Also I should tell you on his arms are rounded spots that if someone didn't know better it would look like burn scars -they have been there since last year...

We went back to the regular Doctor just a couple of weeks ago...I complained that my son still is getting tired easily, and often times for no reason will turn pale and flushed...this time ti Dr. had a cat scan done - it showed an enlarged spleen, enlarged nodes in his abdomen, and "lipomas" in the lining of his stomach.

The Dr..and the hematologist had lab work ran again...a CBC, a Uric Acid, LDH, and a BCrabso (?) - the CBC showed lower than normal red cell, and MPV counts...the Uric Acid came back fine, and the LDH came back 796 - we're still waiting for the other test which I think is one to check for genetic markers ........

Needless to say mom here is FREAKING out - am I paranoid to think there is a cancer going on??

He has days where he is fine....days then where he is tired...and then days where someone coughs, he is sick........

Any guidance will be beneficial....we live in a small rural community 80plus miles from a major medical center.

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child