Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.83k Members

hard painless lump in armpit

Hi. I have already posted in this forum once already for the same question I am about to ask. But since my last post a new problem has occured.

To start off with, a little background. About a little over a month ago I got a BAD severe itchy rash on my left hand. Within minutes I noticed this rash move over to my right hand. Then up my arm. I went into the bathroom and took off my shirt and noticed the rash now kind of crawling up the side of my arm. I felt itchiness also on my legs so i took off my pants and rash was also down on my legs too. Noticed it on my shoulders. It was almost everywhere except my face. I jumped into the shower to try to wash anything off if it was an allergic reaction to something. I made the mistake of looking up what this could be and typed in "lumps" instead of "bumps" and all this cancer stuff came up. So I was a little familiar with basic lymphoma info. So I checked my armpits since the rash was in that area also and noticed this hard lump under my right armpit. Didnt think to much of it at first since I used to always get painful lumps in that area in the past from the old deodorant i used to use and from sweating from alot of activity. But this lump was PAINLESS. The day of me noticing it, it was MARBLE SIZE! Now, almost a month and a half later, its still there but alot smaller. My question is, if this was cancer would it have shrunk the way I described? The lump is also movable if that means anything. I have read that most enlarged lymph nodes take weeks or months to return to normal size and some just remain alittle enlarged forever. I still think this lump is due to that weird rash which i forgot to mention went away the next morning. Any help would help me alot. Thanks.
1 Responses
?????
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child