Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.83k Members

lump in left lymph arm

I had a lump that turned out to be benign 3 years ago. I am 44 and recently found a large walnut or grape sized lump under my left arm...same arm as biopsy, or removed pea sized lump.  My insurance as, or will lapse in Jan. so am hesitant to go to have it diagnosed...hoping to get new policy.  Should I run to doctor or wait.  Been watching for a few months now and through menstril cycles and no change.  Any advise would be great. I also suffer from several autoimune diseases, Pernicious anemia, asthma and arthritis...related? I dont know
1 Responses
1081992 tn?1389907237
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, just in one quick minute: it's probably benign and due to the same process as the previous one, and would likely not pose much surgical risk to have it removed. So, removal/biopsy can give you peace of mind.

I'd wonder if you can get it done in the holiday period, though - with reduced schedules and all.

Sure, autoimmunity might be behind the mystery of why that's happening.

Merry Christmas.
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389907237
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child