Aa
A
A
A
Close
Leukemia and Lymphoma Community
1.84k Members

lump under chin

I noticed a knot under my chin it seems to be the size of a quarter and it is very tender to the touch.  My throat is not sore but I have had to clear it alot today.  The knot has been here only a couple of days but it is annoying.
I have not been sick and I have no infections that I know of... so I am wondering what the hick this could be...  Any help?
1 Responses
Hi.
The tender lump under your chin could be a localized infection like a beginning abscess.  Breaks in the skin can cause bacteria to enter, resulting in an infection.  Appropriate antibiotic should help.
It could also be a swollen salivary gland or a swollen lymph node.
It would be best to seek consult with your doctor for proper evaluation and management.
Take care.  
Have an Answer?
Top Leukemia & Lymphoma Answerers
1081992 tn?1389903637
PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.