Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

lump under chin

I noticed a knot under my chin it seems to be the size of a quarter and it is very tender to the touch.  My throat is not sore but I have had to clear it alot today.  The knot has been here only a couple of days but it is annoying.
I have not been sick and I have no infections that I know of... so I am wondering what the hick this could be...  Any help?
Hi.
The tender lump under your chin could be a localized infection like a beginning abscess.  Breaks in the skin can cause bacteria to enter, resulting in an infection.  Appropriate antibiotic should help.
It could also be a swollen salivary gland or a swollen lymph node.
It would be best to seek consult with your doctor for proper evaluation and management.
Take care.