Leukemia and Lymphoma Community

very painful lump behind my ear

hi my name is linzi i am 24yrs old i hav discovered a very painful lump behind my left ear and i hav a migrain for the last 12hrs and am finding it very difficult to turn my head to look to my left side i am very worried abou this as i never experienced tis before, if you could take the time to reply to this i would be very greatful thanks guys :))
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi. My first guess would be that the swollen lymph node is the result of some infection, fungal or bacterial, in that area - such as the ear of scalp.

Pain in a swollen node usually means that the node has expanded in order to fight infection. The inflammation might have extended down your neck via a lymphatic vessel.
COMMUNITY LEADER
thank you for your reply the doctor confirmed exactly what you said it was im so greatful that you replied :)))