Liver Disorders Community

Elevated Liver Enzyme

Hi, my doctor has informed me that I have an elevated liver enzyme count, probably due to excess alcohol consumption. He informed me to cut back on my drinking. I am a first year college student and drink alcohol about once a week. I started drinking recently, about 4 months ago. I by no means consider myself a heavy drinker and was wondering if there could be another underlying issue. I drink less than all of my friends and am never very drunk. Could it be because I just recently started consuming alcohol?
Perhaps you could be more sensitive to alcohol than others.

You do not need to drink and maybe your body is telling you you shouldn't drink.

I suggest abstaining for a while and have your tests run again to see if your liver results improve. Certainly  if you do have something else affecting your liver you don't need to be causing further harm by drinking.

Good luck
Lynn
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem