Liver Disorders Community

Glandular Fever - liver problems

Well to give a you some background, last Monday (6 days ago now) I went from feeling just tired to feeling like I was really sick in about the space of an hour. I developed a high fever, abdominal pain and discomfort, complete loss of appetite, swollen right groin gland, headache and fatigue. On Tuesday, I went to see my doctor, and he said I had something viral and needed to wait it out, but to come back on Friday if I was still sick. By Friday though, most of my symptoms had faded, but the doctor said I should come in for blood tests anyway just because I had been so sick during the week. I had had severe abdominal pain the night before and was still struggling to eat so I was a bit worried.

The doctor called me back on Saturday, worried because my tests had come back and shown that my liver was doing badly. He called me back an hour later to say I'd tested strongly positive for Glandular Fever. He wants me to do more tests next week to ensure my liver is recovering, but since then, I've noticed that I have a lot of the symptoms for liver problems, like I need to urinate all the time but not much comes out, and what does is often brown. Last night and this morning, I also had really itchy hands and feet.

I can't call my doctor until tomorrow, but I'm so scared now that my liver is failing or something and I just would love to hear from anyone who can tell me if this is possibly normal for Glandular Fever.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem