Liver Disorders Community

Hepatomegally with liver lesion(hemangioma)

I am 28 years male. During routine  test before 2 months it was found that my SGPT is 109. and other parameters of LFT test were normal so doctor suggested me to do ultrasonography test and in ultrasound test it's found grade 2 fatty liver with fatty infiltration and one small size lesion size 1.7 x 1.2 cm at lobe 5. So after that doctor suggested me to do abdomen MRI to confirm lesion type. MRI report says that it is hemangioma(benign) and doctor told me that there is nothing cancerous so no need to worry also I did the test of AFP that was also normal. There is no pain while pressing on belly.

After taking low fat diet and medecine of two months, now my SGPT level is 15(last month it was 38). I loose 5.5kg weight(present weight 81.5kg).Next month I am going to do abdomen ultrasonography.

I am taking udiliv 300mg twice daily and Vitamin E 400mg twice daily.

What should be my next step?

Am I on right track to recovery??

Should I go for operation to remove that liver lesion(hemangioma) or keep it as it is?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Fortunately you caught your fatty liver condition early on, before it had progressed into a more advanced disease stage. And you took the correct actions with your modified diet and weight loss. So now you appear to have reversed your liver's stress (normalized liver enzymes), so congratulations! Fatty liver is a condition that can be reversed and you're a great example on how to do it. So yes, you are on the right track!

With your upcoming US, your doctor is very likely to confirm your improved status. Simply following the current diet and exercise plans that you've been
doing should be sufficient in maintaining your now healthy liver. No additional medications should be needed, but you'll soon being talking to your doctor who is the proper person to be directing any additional treatments.

And your doctor did the right followup procedure wrt your hemangioma. US is a good imaging technique in spotting liver lesions but MRI is the best technique for lesion characterization, and then leading to a correct determination of what the lesion likely is. Simply monitoring a hemangioma is the usual course of action. Surgery is rarely needed in these cases.

Take care and hoping your next US goes well.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem