Liver Disorders Community

Inflammed liver (Elevated GGT) became very unwell last night. Advice?

Hi, I am a 36yo male who is looking for a bit of advice.  My liver is inflamed and has been for some time, the last 3 L.F.T. results have showed rapid increase in G.G.T. levels and I am seeing my Doctor tomorrow (Public Holiday today) to get the result of the 4th L.F.T.  The Doc said if the 4th L.F.T. is any worse he is referring me to a Liver disease specialist.

Last night after cooking dinner I got a huge dizzy spell and went blind for 1-2 seconds and at 2am while I was trying to sleep in my air conditioned bedroom (AC set to 20 Degrees C) I suddenly felt as if the room went up to over 50 Degrees C and immediately began to sweat profusely and felt like my heart was going to explode and I had difficulty breathing.  This only lasted about 15-20 seconds but it was quite frightening.  I got up and chugged a glass of lemonade and went back to bed.  The episode repeated itself at 4:30am and I got up and had a drink again.

I will be discussing these weird symptoms tomorrow with my doctor, but I am looking for advice on if this issue could be related to my liver issues or could it be something else.

I am a smoker for 24 Years (since 12yo) and have been trying to quit for the last 3-4 years.
I forgot to add I am being treated for Hypertension  with Atenolol but I checked my blood pressure a couple of days ago and it is around normal (125 / 75).
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem