Liver Disorders Community

Liver Disease

Hi, my name is Patty and I am 29 years old. To say that liver disease runs in my family would be a huge understatement, for my grandmother, aunt, and my father have all died of cirrhosis of the liver. Neither of the 3 were alcoholics either. Since the age of 18, I have had routine checkups and blood work, keeping a close eye on my liver function and health. In January of 2010, I was diagnosed with gallbladder disease and had surgery to remove it. Afterwards, the surgeon who performed it told me that I had a lot of scar tissue on my liver, in which complicated the surgery, and knowing of my family medical history, advised me to see a liver specialist. Since then, I have had several medical problems which were all, unknown to me until just recently, signs and symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver. Medical problems such as nausea & vomiting (sometimes blood), pain in that area, diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, diagnosed with ADD, constant forgetfulness & confusion, yellow spots in the whites of my eyes, skin rashes (mainly on my face and hands), itching all over my body, swelling of my abdomen, and dramatic weight loss. All of these are in my records and until 2 weeks ago I did not know they all had a common link. But, aside from the signs and symptoms, why would a CT scan of my liver come back normal and no signs of scarring?!?! I don't understand. I feel completely helpless, give out, and very scared. Please, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem