Liver GGT 94 ALT 100

Last year I had some routine blood tests which found raised levels of both GGT and also ALT. I have had around 7 rounds of these tests and throughout that time the tests have been up down and all over the place with GGT being as high as 120 and as low as 74. ALT been as high as 130 and as low as 68.

I have now been referred to a specialist who I see on Friday and who wants me to take an urine sample. It took me aorund 8 weeks to get a appointment which I hope is good and not just the awful NHS.

I have had tests for Hep A/B/C and all have been negative.

I have also had an ultrasound and that came back fairly well with only the liver slightly glowing - indications of fatty liver.

My life has always involved drinking and from the age of 18 I have pretty much always gone out and drank, I am now 31. I would say my average at its peak was around 70 pints per week with the last few years that being around 30.

Since February I have cut down dramatically and have stopped totally for periods of 6 and 4 weeks but my tests still increase. I do honestly feel as though this is a lot worse than just alcohol and I am hoping that people can add or direct similar experiences of their problems to this thread.

Many Thanks