Liver Disorders Community

Liver Hemangioma or??

Hello Everyone;

I've read many discussions on this topic, but I'm wondering if someone has had a similar story.I'm a 35 year old female. 2 years ago I had an endo and colonoscopy which read "normal" so I figured that was good, but did not explain the chronic ache in my abdomen on the right side which has persisted ever since. I began losing weight without trying 6 months ago (15lbs) so far. That might not seem like that much, but I was already thin to begin with. The doctor believes it's from depression. Anyway, I also mentioned the ache in my side, so he sent me for an ultrasound, the ultrasound found a lesion on my liver that was solid in nature (the doctor doesn't think it's what is causing the pain). The ultrasound couldn't diagnose, so they sent me for a CT with and without contrast dye. The results stated that it appears much like a hemangioma but would need an MRI to confirm. A CT I had 3 years ago did not show a lesion on my liver, but that I had right sided diverticulitis, and was hospitalized for 3 days. The scope I had later shows that I did not have diverticulitis after all. So we now have no clue what caused that infection. I frequent changes in bowel movements and occasionally see blood in my stools, and almost always see mucous. Could be IBS but I can't seem to get a definite diagnosis. Dr has referred me to another gastroenterologist for a "second opinion", this suggests he's a little concerned as well. I'm worried because of all my other symptoms and that fact that the tests I've had so far can't give a definitive diagnosis.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hopefully if your doctors do another colonoscopy, and they will do random biopsies along the way. Sometimes this is the only way to be sure diagnostically with uncertain cases. The histopathology can show activity that isn't visually obvious during the standard scoping procedures.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem