Liver Disorders Community

SGOT - SGPT - Danger Levels

Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

The only OUT OF RANGE FACTORS ARE AS BELOW

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

I am geting skin reddish iticy rashes for last few weeks
after i consume alcohol.

Kindly advise regarding the condition of lever,
Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.

Apart from stopping alcohol what
do you prescribe to prevent the
present condition.

Regards
Sameer

Very high levels of liver enzymes are more commonly found in viral hepatitis, liver damage, biliary duct problems, infectious mononucleosis,congestive heart failure or myopathy.I feel the possibility of infectious mononucleosis or viral hepatitis high in your daughter,s case.

Hepatitis A is an acute infectious disease of the liver caused by Hepatitis A virus which is most commonly transmitted by the fecal-oral route via contaminated food or drinking water.Symptoms are like that of influenza and sometimes patients may show no symptoms at all.Diagnosed by anti Hep A IgM antibody testing. IgM antibody is only present in the blood following an acute hepatitis A infection. It is detectable from one to two weeks after the initial infection and persists for up to 14 weeks.

Hep E is viral hepatitis caused by hep E virus. The incidence of hepatitis E is highest in adults between the ages of 15 and 40.It usually goes away by itself and the patient recovers within a short time.Also transmitted by feco oral route and diagnosed by blood tests for anti Hep E antibodies.

Hope I have provided you with sufficient information.In case you have any additional queries,then pls post us.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how your daughter is doing.
Thank you for your wonderful undertanding of the Scenario. Today (after 3 days of last Test) as per Doctor's suggestion SGPT & SGOT Test were done which are 2000 & 600 U/L respectively, showing a Good down trend.No other Physical Symtom. The Test Result of Hyp E & A including Anti body, as you said will be delivered after 3 days. A Blood Culture Test (24hr,48hr,72hr) is to delivered tomorrow.

As of now, she is little tired of eating non-spicy boiled food & at times asks for Branded Ice Cream or Barbecue Chicken.

Could you be kind enough to give an idea of her Diet.

Otherwise, she is doing well, staying at home- bored!!!

Some of the diet are to be avoided in hepatitis.Pls remember,some the enzymes which aid in digestion are released by liver.If the liver is diseased,taking some particular foods puts an extra pressure on the diseased liver.Some of the foods that are to be avoided are animal products,fruit juices,artificial sweeteners lke saccharin,junk food, caffeine, including colas, chocolate, coffee,bleached white flour,hydrogenated oils,processed foods and shellfish.

Pls log on to the foolowing website to get a detailed view of the do’s and don’ts in hepatitis:
http://****.***

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case of any additional queries.

Hello
Yesterday the Test result of my Daughter arrived. She has Hyp E Positive,  10 days has past of first Symptom. As aid it persists for 2 weeks.Her Hyp E count is 3.2 (Normal 0.3 as Ref). Shown Lever specialist immidiately, who suggested similar Diet as yours & Rest for another week at home. She is Clinically Normal. Doctor asked to have SGPT & SPOT Test after 3 to 4 days. He has also given a Vitamin. I think she is recovering well by grace of almighty. If you have any suggestion, please comment. Thanks for all your Medical Help.
Dear Sir,

Hellow. I am Sameer and had written to you as below.

have tested for Liver Function Test

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

after i consume alcohol.

requesting you to advise on the critical levels.

For you you have guided me superbly.

Now there are some developments.

I am getting swelling on my frontal face eyelids, lips
cheeks and chin with bumps as well.

This does not happen always when I drink alcohol.
But yes it happens that I had alcohol for a day or 2 before
then i get this, not always.

Yesterday I had huge swelling of my eyelids and lips
They seemed to be bloated 2 to 3 times the normal size
I also hads bumps on cheeks and chin. It was so horrible
that I had to take steorid injection to subdue it.

Please advise on the causes.

I am a frequent traverller and intending to
take medical adivse with my test results.
Also m thyroid results were normal as is my BP.

Please advise on the causes and as to which
type of medical practitioner I should refer.

Also is this an allergic reaction to Alcohol.

Regards
Sameer

Are you taking some drugs like metronidazole which can interfere with the metabolism of alcohol and causes disulfiram like reaction?Your symptoms are suggestive of either a disulfiram type of reaction or an allergic reaction to alcohol.

It is usually not the alcohol that produces the allergic reaction to the wine or beer. The other ingredients in the alcohol, such as yeast, sulfur dioxide, and additives are often the culprits. Beer may contain a variety of ingredients, including barley, corn, wheat, and rye that may precipitate an allergic reaction while wine contains sulfites.

I feel that it is important to find out the ingredient in alcohol to which you might be allergic.For that pls consult an allergy specialist and get skin ***** tests and blood tests for allergy done. If the skin testing is negative, it is likely that you are intolerant to alcohol. If the skin testing is positive, you should avoid food and drink that contain that specific ingredient. Avoidance of alcohol is the main treatment available.Other treatment options include antihistaminics,corticosteroids and immunotherapy.

Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem