Liver Disorders Community

SGOT - SGPT - Danger Levels

Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

The only OUT OF RANGE FACTORS ARE AS BELOW

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

I am geting skin reddish iticy rashes for last few weeks
after i consume alcohol.

Kindly advise regarding the condition of lever,
Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.

Apart from stopping alcohol what
do you prescribe to prevent the
present condition.

Regards
Sameer
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advise.

No I am not taking any drugs. So can it be that my body had started becoming allergic to alcohol. On second thought I think that I have had beers everytime I had the Swelling and Bump Problem. I would look into your advise and do accordingly. Also if possible please advise is these symptoms precursor to something dangerous to liver or to body

Thanks for your detailed advise.

Regards
Sameer
i had a blood test yesterday .. and my sgpt alt came to 78 ..is it danger .. i had 5 glass of whiskey 48 hrs before taking test ...does it can be the cause of increased sgpt... plz help me

kishan

kishan
I was taking cytomid (flutomide) for a period of 7 months (starting Feb 2009). I got the first test done in may where my SGPT level was 100. The doctor overlook the same unfortunately. Now my SGPT is 350, SGOT is 275, S.GammaGT is 30 and all Bilirubin levels bordering at higher side permissible levels. Now the doc has told me immediately to discontinue the medication. Should I be worried???

Plz help
i have sgot of 52 and normal sgpt
u/s is normal
i have itchy rashes
no other signs
please for your kind care
i m 35 weeks pregnant. recently i started having itchiness all over my body. in my LFT test my SGOT is 56.4 ang Sgpt is 52.6.i worried for my unborn baby. i hopeit wont be harmful for my baby. please reply. i have heard about the cholestasis -itchiness during the last trimester of pregnancy which is very harmf\ul for the baby. (would like to mention that during night the ithinessis worsens and its more on my palms and soles ofmy feet)
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem