Liver Disorders Community

elevated liver enzymes

AST: 29 range: 10-40, ALT: 56- normal range 9-46. alkaline phosphatase 39- nornal= 40-115. MCH- 33.2 normal range 27-33.  I have been on trt treatment for two years.  In the past 6 months I've been drinking too much.  I have two questions, 1) how bad is it to be 10 points higher on my alt? 2) which is worse, drinking or taking trt (test cyp.)?  I have stopped trt on my own for the last 23 days and have reduced my drinking, going a full 6 days without alcohol at times.  I take valium (20mg daily) and no other meds.  any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  p.s. I have tested negative for hep. a,b,and c.
What other symptoms are present? I commend you for your alcohol reduction and it is good that hepatitis profile test results were fine.  Mild elevations of liver enzymes does not necessarily suggest serious cause. These are sensitive indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of diseases or conditions, but does not necessarily suggest liver disease if elevated.  It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Also, a review of medications may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem