Liver Disorders Community

high ast/ alt and serous cancer

I just had surgery to remove a uterine tumor which slightly penetrated the endometrial lining and need chemo and radiation, but my ast is 210 and alt 190.  Those numbers are double from a month ago.  I am trying to educate myself as to what this could mean.  I will be seeing my internist next week so I should know more.
How are you? What are the symptoms present?  Elevated liver enzymes may indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. Many diseases and conditions can contribute to elevated liver enzymes such as certain medications, drinking alcohol, heart failure, hepatitis, obesity, Hypothyroidism, or pancreatitis. It is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation.  Additional diagnostic tests  may need to be done to determine the underlying issue. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem