Liver Disorders Community

strange symptoms and events...is this hep c..or something else

I have Hep C (and B) ,my C count  was 2.7 million,a few months ago.I  have not tryed interferon because of all this additional weirdness that's going on with my body. I am trying to determine if the problems are from the hepatitis,or .something)s else. From the top down, i have some "embedded infection in my sinuses and jaw. Since i got dentures in Aug.,lots of little things come out of my gums ,same looking things from my nose..mostiy these things that look like a min. seahorse in shape. They definately have a point and attach at one end .,also i have seen things that actually llok like a seed, complete with long root,and somthing that looks like a thin brown tube--almst like a plant stem .with a slit don the side....!!This  has been going on for years..My jaw has eroded so quikly that the Denturist is perplexed..no "ridge"left.The ear nose and throat guy is also stumped,and is considering IV anti's.I have inflamation polyps in  nose and throat. There has been lun involement, they tell me --although i had little or no syptoms of infection,except a few nosebleeds and all the strangeness from my nose and jaws. i had a gall bladderd incident ,after a biopsy ,supposedly a "spasm" where it expelled sludge, after the needle slammed into it during the attempt to biopsy thru hardened liver tissue. This is what the Drs told me .after ultrasound ,they told me  that I have" sludge" and a "thickened gall bladder wall".I have a "hernia",which has moved south,abuot 3 inches,and is adjacent to a newer mass which are periodically painfull.Directly behind my gall bladder (and other lumps) is what appears to be a swollen,or thickened lump in my back.In my lower abdomen there is a shooting pain,and now an "anatomical mass" apparently in the musle by the urethra, causes my urine to shoot out straight forward. My feet were swollen for years ,which ater much effort and anti-fungals(!), has dissapated. My hands still remain very red and swollen ,especially with use. I have severely dried and thickened skin on my hands,which they say does not seem to be caused by enviromental factors.Sweat glands also seemed to be involved,and i get lumps on my head and in my hair,under my glasses by my ears! Oh i also have a strang lump on my foot,that funny lookingtiny flat circular pieces if skin,with a sqiggle down the middle of them seem to fall outof ,and then stick to the surrounding skin.Ihave same lump on the underside of my finger,with a hole in the middle that sporadically "sheds "the same funny looking flat ,round things.AAAAAAgh! Nobody can put the pieces together,i've had something strange for YEARS.9 months ago, ipassed a wad of what looked like fluffy white  cicles of flat fiber-fil material! also passed other strange looking things lately-includig a stained looking brown "pod". Is this liver/gall bladder/Hep C stuff?Plantar facititis??I had a standard parasite scan,with ws negative.Liver/gall bladder flukes has been sugested,along wiyh some other kinds of flukes,but could this all be caused by the advanced hepatitis,as one doctor has suggested? My liver is a bit enlarged,and levels are sligtly elevated. The doctor says that the small amout of liver that is left ,is doing well....it has stayed the same for 25 years,with the exception of the hep c levels.......what do you think, sudenly my blood pressure has gone from a norm 110over 78, to 162 over 92!!!! and i get strong sweats and blood pressure spikes,especially immed after eating.The Drs are stumped...........
Good morning lumpy....I will try to go through your post, distill whats going on , and help if I can....here goes (via a cut and paste of your post)

"I have Hep C (and B) ,my C count  was 2.7 million,a few months ago.I  have not tryed interferon because of all this additional weirdness that's going on with my body. I am trying to determine if the problems are from the hepatitis,or .something)s else.

Peg interferon and Ribavirin are supposed to have some new cousins hittin the street here soon (or so Ive read) maybe you would be a candidate for one of those trials...

From the top down, i have some "embedded infection in my sinuses and jaw. Since i got dentures in Aug.,lots of little things come out of my gums ,same looking things from my nose..mostiy these things that look like a min. seahorse in shape. They definately have a point and attach at one end .,also i have seen things that actually llok like a seed, complete with long root,and somthing that looks like a thin brown tube--almst like a plant stem .with a slit don the side....!!

Sounds like a wart.  They are viral in origin, and if you are immunocompromised, warts can crop up (about anywhere). If not a wart the "thread" sounds like maybe a mole.

This  has been going on for years..My jaw has eroded so quikly that the Denturist is perplexed..no "ridge"left.The ear nose and throat guy is also stumped,and is considering IV anti's.I have inflamation polyps in  nose and throat. There has been lun involement, they tell me --although i had little or no syptoms of infection,except a few nosebleeds and all the strangeness from my nose and jaws.

Does sound like some broad spectrum infection....

i had a gall bladderd incident ,after a biopsy ,supposedly a "spasm" where it expelled sludge, after the needle slammed into it during the attempt to biopsy thru hardened liver tissue. This is what the Drs told me .after ultrasound ,they told me  that I have" sludge" and a "thickened gall bladder wall".

Did they attribute this to the Hep? It sounds like what PSC and PBC do... As for Biopsies, I would ONLY have a hepatologist do it, and at a MAJOR hospital. The new tests are done with ultrasound guidance, and a "gun" that does the procedure lightining quick - and usually very accurately and safely.

I have a "hernia",which has moved south,abuot 3 inches,and is adjacent to a newer mass which are periodically painfull.Directly behind my gall bladder (and other lumps) is what appears to be a swollen,or thickened lump in my back.In my lower abdomen there is a shooting pain,and now an "anatomical mass" apparently in the musle by the urethra, causes my urine to shoot out straight forward.

Hmmm - Im stumped there....

My feet were swollen for years ,which ater much effort and anti-fungals(!), has dissapated. My hands still remain very red and swollen ,especially with use. I have severely dried and thickened skin on my hands,which they say does not seem to be caused by enviromental factors.

Sweat glands also seemed to be involved,and i get lumps on my head and in my hair,under my glasses by my ears!

I suppose when one is dealing with a major chronic infection (like HEPC) that many other health issues can crop up....

Oh i also have a strang lump on my foot,that funny lookingtiny flat circular pieces if skin,with a sqiggle down the middle of them seem to fall outof ,and then stick to the surrounding skin.

Plantar wart

Ihave same lump on the underside of my finger,with a hole in the middle that sporadically "sheds "the same funny looking flat ,round things.AAAAAAgh!

Wart?

Nobody can put the pieces together,i've had something strange for YEARS.9 months ago, ipassed a wad of what looked like fluffy white  cicles of flat fiber-fil material! also passed other strange looking things lately-includig a stained looking brown "pod". Is this liver/gall bladder/Hep C stuff?Plantar facititis??

I had a standard parasite scan,with ws negative.Liver/gall bladder flukes has been sugested,along wiyh some other kinds of flukes,but could this all be caused by the advanced hepatitis,as one doctor has suggested?

I would think yes...

My liver is a bit enlarged,and levels are sligtly elevated. The doctor says that the small amout of liver that is left ,is doing well....it has stayed the same for 25 years,with the exception of the hep c levels.......what do you think,

Thats good its compensating...

sudenly my blood pressure has gone from a norm 110over 78, to 162 over 92!!!! and i get strong sweats and blood pressure spikes,especially immed after eating.The Drs are stumped...........

How tall are you? what do you weigh?  what is your daily diet comprised of?  Being a healthy average weight getting plently of physical activity, and eating sensibly would be a great ally.  You may care to look at alternative medicine in conjunction with the allopathic approach.  I do believe milk thistle to be a good supplement for anyone with a liver related problem, and I may investigate colloidal silver for a chronic infection...but to each his own...

Best of luck friend...

J
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem