Aa
A
A
A
Close
Liver Transplant Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

160/520 AST ALT, high GGT please help!!!

I am not a drinker and have NAFLD and after surgery had liver damage of about 160/520 AST ALT from anesthesia and low blood pressure (I'm diabetic).  I don't have a lot of money so what should I buy to repair my liver?  NAC, sam-E, lecithin choline GNC with phophitadylcholine, milk thistle, vitamin C, isomer vitamin E, vitamin B complex, folic acid?  after surgery I was vomiting, had itching, couldn't speak or remember, clay stools, all the signs of encepholapthy and choleostasis, I still feel weak and tired sometimes and have little appetite.  I feel nauseous after taking milk thistle.  these supplements play a role in methylation and brain function.

Thanks very much
20 Responses
517301 tn?1229801385
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
i think that you can continue to take the above.  your liver should regenerate.  other hepatoprotective herbs are schisandra, turmeric, licorice root and astragalus
I'm not sure if I should continue taking 1600IU/day vitamin E with 1200 Sam-E, 1200 NAC, a lot of vitamin B, 600mg milk thistle, 1000mcg folic acid, 5g of choline?  I had echogenic liver on ultrasound
Thanks very much!  I took 72 g of NAC over about a week and now take 600-1800/day.  also started the s adenosyl methionine at 1.4g/day with vitamin B so as to not raise homocysteine levels.  there is also methyl b-12?

I'm curious what is the liver brain connection, does even a NAFLD liver cause brain fog and higher ammonia and so which supplements can cure that like choline?

NAC in mice studies causes lung/heart problems

fasting is very bad for the liver and reduces glutathione levels, even though my appetite is gone I think I should eat a lot
517301 tn?1229801385
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
NASH should not cause brain fog
thanks!  then it could be the sleep apnea, lack of neurotransmitters, or celiac disease/GERD
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.