Liver Transplant Forum

160/520 AST ALT, high GGT please help!!!

I am not a drinker and have NAFLD and after surgery had liver damage of about 160/520 AST ALT from anesthesia and low blood pressure (I'm diabetic).  I don't have a lot of money so what should I buy to repair my liver?  NAC, sam-E, lecithin choline GNC with phophitadylcholine, milk thistle, vitamin C, isomer vitamin E, vitamin B complex, folic acid?  after surgery I was vomiting, had itching, couldn't speak or remember, clay stools, all the signs of encepholapthy and choleostasis, I still feel weak and tired sometimes and have little appetite.  I feel nauseous after taking milk thistle.  these supplements play a role in methylation and brain function.

Thanks very much
i think that you can continue to take the above.  your liver should regenerate.  other hepatoprotective herbs are schisandra, turmeric, licorice root and astragalus
I'm not sure if I should continue taking 1600IU/day vitamin E with 1200 Sam-E, 1200 NAC, a lot of vitamin B, 600mg milk thistle, 1000mcg folic acid, 5g of choline?  I had echogenic liver on ultrasound
Thanks very much!  I took 72 g of NAC over about a week and now take 600-1800/day.  also started the s adenosyl methionine at 1.4g/day with vitamin B so as to not raise homocysteine levels.  there is also methyl b-12?

I'm curious what is the liver brain connection, does even a NAFLD liver cause brain fog and higher ammonia and so which supplements can cure that like choline?

NAC in mice studies causes lung/heart problems

fasting is very bad for the liver and reduces glutathione levels, even though my appetite is gone I think I should eat a lot
NASH should not cause brain fog
thanks!  then it could be the sleep apnea, lack of neurotransmitters, or celiac disease/GERD
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.