Liver Transplant Forum

Genetic Malfunction

I have been diagnosed with Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1 - unfortunately not until after kidney failure.
I have been told i need both a liver and kidney transplant. I am wondering if anybody out there has had a similar occurence and if it is possible to manage the oxalate buildup caused by the lack of AGT production by the liver with pryxiodine alone thus alleviating the need for the liver portion of the transplant. Any information would be appreciated
unfortunately i think that once the renal failure has ensued, it is reversible and transplantation is the only treatment.  Patients with hyperoxaluria can get a special dispensation and variance for extra MELD points so as to expedite transplantation.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.