Aa
A
A
A
Close
Liver Transplant Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Question

Liver resected to remove secondary cancer 15 months ago after RFA (25% removed).  Liver has not regenerated - functioning at about 20% per tests.  Experiencing mild jaundice and low energy.  Due to some side effects, doctors decided to stop with liver treatment drugs temporarily.  What does the prognosis looks like for a case like this?  
2 Responses
517301 tn?1229797785
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I hope that the liver can regenerate, especially if the HCV can be cured.
Hi Doctor, I am from Nigeria, HBV+ but with non-reactive HbeAg and reactive HbeAb. My AST, total bilrubin and AIK Photos are all within the required range, but my ALT supposed to be between 0-41, my own is 44. My doctor put me on some drugs for d next 3months. And warn me not to eat meat and fish at all. I am really disturb that I cant eat fish and meat now. Pls, is my doctor right by telling me to stop eating fish and meat? Many thanks
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.