Aa
A
A
A
Close
Liver Transplant Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

THROBOSIS

Dear Doctor... I am cirrhotic, and recently had my 48 weeks post tx SVR confirmed.  I was feeling pretty good about the future, but just received my most recent MRI report and am very worried.  I would appreciate your opinion about this recent finding, and what you think is the best course of action at this time.  My platelets generaly run in the 70s-80s range and my INR is 1.3;  The paragraph from the report is copied below...  Thank you very much for your continued support to us.... viaduk

"Main portal tract has new thrombosis that extends from the superior mesenteric vein/inferior mesenteric vein confluence (but not involving the superior mesenteric vein), into the right and left portal veins and posterior segmental branch of the right portal vein coursing deep into segment 7.  The thrombus in left portal vein tapers and does not reach the vertical segment of the left portal vein.  Head of thrombus tapers at confluence with the inferior mesenteric vein and pokes into the mesenteric vein but does not significantly compromise the lumen.   The thrombus has low T2 and intermediate T1 signal, does not expand the portal vein and does not have arterial phase enhancement of a tumor thrombus.  A thin uniform of enhancement surrounds the thrombus.  No periprtal collaterals are seen. No focal liver lesions is seen adjacent to the thrombus.  This is a bland thrombus. Hepatic veins are patent."
1 Responses
517301 tn?1229801385
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
this is concerning for a new thrombosis but thankfully it appears unrelated to any HCC.  Please contact your hepatologist right away as if this occurred rather recently then anticoagualoion may be warranted
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.