Liver Transplant Forum

marijuana and cirrhosis

will smoking marijuana once in a while hurt my liver further if I have cirrhosis?
probably not.  however, there is emerging data that shows that hepatic fibrosis can increase with regular cannabis use so regular use of marijuana should be frowned upon.  also, in patients with cirrhosis who may need a liver transplant, many programs mandate that patients not use cannabis prior to entry onto the waiting list.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.