Lung Cancer Community

Ache in back and cough, lung cancer?

I have had a cough for about 5 weeks.

It started with a cold I caught that was going around in work. Whenever I get a cold I always get a bad cough as I had asthma as a child.

I was coughing up some mucus and the cough was quite bad, I thought nothing of it as that is normal for me.

It's now 5 weeks in and the cough is almost gone, but when I wake up in the morning I still feel a bit bunged up in my chest and I cough probably about 10 times a day, one or two coughs each time but no mucus.

About a week ago I noticed a dull tension in my back that sometimes throbs, located in the middle right of my back just to the right of the spine. I can locate the source and it feels like a knot that hurts a little when I press it.

I have also been suffering with pelvic cramps and irregular menstal bleeding which I have had many tests to find the source of but no luck yet.

I don't get out of breath and the tension/throbbing in my back isn't always there, but the tender spot is if I press it.

Is this something to be worried about? I have bad anxiety and have convinced myself it's lung cancer.

I will get my GP to have a look next time I go which will be in the next week but in the mean time would like some advice!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.