Lung Cancer Community

Please help!! coughing up blood.

Hi, I am a 51 yr old female, and smoker. I started having a minor cold about 2weeks ago with a runny nose and ear ache that lasted a day. The next day I a was still a little congested but now I noticed that when I swallowed I felt a lump feeling in the trachea area in throat/neck. Just an inner feeling. I went to my gastroenterologist and because i dont have insurance we did a barrium swallow rather than an endoscopy. I also had upset stomach and heartburn. The barrium swallow was normal. No signs of anything. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia 3 yrs ago. but it didnt show up on xray. Anyway everything else was fine. meanwhile I went to my primary care dr who put me on an antibiotic because he said he saw post nasal drip, but I wasnt coughing alot or blowing my nose as much. I still had the lump feeling in throat when I swallowed sometimes, it would come and go. they both checked my neck---nothing found on outer part of neck..Anyway I still felt sick after the barrium , still had the lump sometimes, had began getting lighter stools --expected from barrium---and was taking the antibiotic too. THen i was having like an orange color diarrhea, but my stomach feels fine now--still diarrhea in mornings..orangy. and the last two days I have been coughing up a small amount of blood. today i blew my nose there was blood there too. I am not coughing that much. I only cough if I feel the mucus in my throat--but no trouble breathing, no pain, ..I am a nervous wreck about the blood though,,should i go to emergency room..its sunday...I will call my dr tomorrow. there isnt always blood on tissue but sometimes there is..a small amount..it is freaking me out..please help..
Lung Cancer Community
2.48k Questions
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.