Lung Cancer Community

Really scared after seeing the recommendation

Here is my story. I was smoker for almost 10 years.i am 33 years old now. I have stopped smoking 1 month ago. And after stop smoking I have visited doctor for regular check up and done chest X-ray 2 times in one month period. Results are as below (both the time),
Chest PA:
No active pulmonary lesions
No active pul. Tbc & Pneumonia
No abnormal Mass lesions (Lung cancer, abscess etc)
No bony abnormalities

There is also one recommendation given,

REC) F/U Chest PA – 6 month interval regularly for 10 years.

When I asked what is the need to take chest PA for 6 month interval regularly for next 10 years? He told as you smoked 10 years around so it’s always suggested to take Chest PA 6 month interval regularly for 10 years.
After seeing this recommendation, I am little scare.  Is it suggested usually? Or what does it mean? Please help me. I am Really scared after seeing the recommendation
As mentioned from the other post, bronchitis may indeed be associated with infection or from smoking. Bronchitis may be acute ( resolves with proper management such as infection) or chronic (usually from smoking or COPD). Monitoring chest x-ray every 6 months may help rule out chronic type. To ease any anxiety or worry, you may also seek another physician's opinion or be referred to a pulmnologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.