Lung Cancer Forum

Sounds like lung cancer to me! Does it to you?

My husband's chest x-ray report reads as follows:

Findings:  There is borderline hyperinflation.  There is a subtle, ring-shaped area of soft tissue in the right mid lung, subpleural in location and measures approximately 3.8 x 2.6 cm.  A portion of this density overlies the right fourth rib.  Cardiac silhouette and pulmonary vasculature are normal.  There are calcified granulomas.

Impression:  There is a possible ring-shaped area identified in the right mid lung measuring up to 3.8 x 2.6 cm.  While this may simply represent fortuitous visualization of a confluence of shadows, the possibility of a cystic neoplasm or possibly developing lung abscess is not excluded.  A CT scan would be recommended.  Old granulomatous disease.  Findings are superimposed upon borderline emphysematous changes.

It sounds bad to me like it is lung cancer.  What do you think?
This is not the typical X-ray picture of a lung cancer.
Please get the CT scan done, and I hope it turns out to be something benign.
All the best, and God Bless!
A related discussion, Could this be TB or Pneumonia??? was started.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.