Lung Cancer Community

shadow on the lung

What is a "shadow on the lung"? Is it going 2 b cancer? I was told this after a horseriding injury. Now I cant have a draught to my back or my lungs hurt when I breath. Doctors just said its a "shadow". But what does that mean?

I just recently lost my mother to lung cancer.
What other symptoms are present and what other diagnostic tests were done? Shadowing could be due to a variety of issues such as inflammation, infection or from the injury. It is best that you discuss the results with your doctor and have this correlated with the symptoms present. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done also to rule out malignancy. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.