Lupus Community

ANA positive

What does it mean when you test positive on your ANA (IgG portion) of your autoimmune panel and test negative on the ENA blood panel except that results for the CENP part of the test are sky high?

Please list these findings 'exactly" as on the report!

On the connective tissue diseases algorithm there are  4 tests where IgG is referenced:

a. Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Antibodies, IgG, Serum

b. Antibody to Extractable Nuclear
Antigen Evaluation, Serum
This test includes the following IgG
antibodies, which are automatically
performed:
SS-A/Ro,  SS-B/La, Sm, RNP, Scl 70

c. Centromere Antibodies,
IgG, Serum

d. Ribosome P Antibodies,
IgG, Serum
A. Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide: 15.6
I don't have tests for the others. My ANA panel only lists Symphony IgG and DsDNA; My ENA only gives SS-A, SS-B, RNP, SCl-70, Smith, Jo-A and CENP. The CENP is what is out of range, along with the The Symphony IgG which is why I was ANA positive
IgG was 11; dsDNA was .5
SS-A was .30
SS-B was .3
RNP was 1
Scl-70 was .60
Smith was .6
Jo-1 was .30
CENP was 170
Lactate Dehydrogenase was 169
Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide was 15.6
RA factor was 10
C-Reactive Protein was .30
Sedimentation rate was 6 mm

Centromere antibody is present in 80-90% of individuals with CREST variant scleroderma. This antibody is also seen in 30% of Raynaud patients, 12% of patients with mixed connective-tissue disease, diffuse scleroderma, interstitial pulmonary fibrosis, primary biliary cirrhosis, and in a smaller percent of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and RA.
--Sourse: ARUP Laboratories.

Note: Positive results are not diagnostic for any CTD
and should be interpreted within the clinical context of the patient.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.