Lupus Community

At a loss..not MS and all labs normal

Since December 2011 I have been having odd symptoms. It started with cramping in my lrgs and arms than moved to tingling snf numbness. I have had a lot of issues with blurry eyes and shooting pain but optometrist found no probs with eyes. I get weakness and random pains in my muscles, muscle twitches everywhere, problems with my bladder, get bouts of dry eye and dry throat, loose weight and put it back on, red rash on legs, and a few other issues. Ive had basic labs,an MRI of brain and neck only found a cyst and some degeneration,in neck. Neuro said its not MS. Primary is sending me to  Rheumatologist and running rheumo labs. I also get dizziness, weak muscles, and burning sensations. Is it possibly MS and its just too early to tell or maybe lupus
Hi!
Generalized feeling of a burning sensation can be due to dry skin, hyperthyroid states, liver or gall bladder dysfunction, peripheral neuropathies as in diabetes or decreased sweating as in Sjogren’s syndrome. This would need a comprehensive investigation. Hyperthyroidism should be suspected in case of burning in eyes, dry throat, and hot and sweaty upper body. In females it can be a symptom of hormonal imbalance due to PCOD. Fibromyalgia is another possibility.
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Take care!
Be sure to get tested for Lyme Disesse.  It is there in FL, but most doctors are unaware of it.  It mimics several neurological and autoimmune disorders.  We patients call doctors who specialize in Lyme "LLMDs," for Lyme Literate Medical Doctors.

You will want a Western Blot test as the screening test is often a false negative.  You will also want a copy of the results to see what "bands" show up.  The CDC surveillance criteria was designed to minimize false positives, not to be a diagnostic absolute. Soyou can be CDC "negative" and still have Lyme.
Thanks for your help I'm making mjy self nuts. My left side is slightly numb and tingling. Had my last set of blood results done yesterday and my doc basically told me its all in my head go figure. Can anyone interpret these results for me some of them are off or really low and apparantly its all

Uric Acid 8.6     NR: 2.5-7.0
Glucose 78       NR: 65-99
Urea Nitrogen 11  NR: 7-25
Sdium: 140       NR: 135-146
Potassium 4.2   NR: 3.5-5.3
Chloride 103      NR: 98-110
Carbon D. 20     NR: 21-33
Calcium 9.4       NR: 8.6-10.2

HEPATIC
Protein 7.9        NR: 6.2-8.3
Albumin 4.6       NR: 3.6-5.1
Globulin 3.3       NR: 2.2-3.9
AL/GL R 1.4      NR: 1.0-2.1
Bilirubin .5         NR: .2-1.2
Bili Direct .1         NR: < .2
Alkaline 62         NR: 33-115
AST 30              NR: 10-30
ALT 36              NR: 6-40

SED Rate by modified Westgrn
6                      NR: < 20

Urinalysis all normal

CBC

WBC 7.6          NR: 3.8-10.8
RBC  4.38        NR: 3.8-5.10
Hemogl 13.7     NR: 11.75-15.5
Hematocrit 41.0     NR: 35.0-45.0
MCV 93.6         NR: 80.0-100.0
MCH 31.4         NR: 27.0-33.0
MCHC 33.5       NR: 32.0-36.0
RDW 15.3         NR: 11.0-15.0
Platelets 152     NR: 140-400
* All the -phils were normal lol.. The only thing that gets me is when all of this started my Absolute Monocytes were extremely low about 190 now they are up to 692 & my platelets seem low?

Rheu Factor 7
ANA Negative
CCP AB (IGC)      < 16 NEGATIVE
Hepatitis and all the STDS negative

Ferritin 47        NR: 10-154
Folate Serum 18.6

Vit b-12           557    NR: 20-1100
TSH                1.08

RPR W/Re to titer  Non Reactive
HSV normal

Can you guys please help me out..I'm at a loss as what to do now? My doctor won't see me until September and the neuro blew me off. Rheumatologist is testing me for Lupus which I obviously don't have. So if its not MS what could it be?
I'm not suggesting that you might have an autoimmune disease going on, but I do know that they do seem tricky to dx.  And labs don't always help.  

For example: Sjogrens is a progressive disease and usually takes years for labs and/or biopsies to show a possitive.  Same w/ MS.  

Realize that stress can also cause some of these same symptoms.  My suggestion for you is for you to do what you can do on your own.  Things like taking vitamins.  Calcium and magnesium would be a good start.  B12 (sublingual) and potassium would be good too.  I didn't see a vit D test on your list.  I recommend you get that tested.  I would also suggest maybe trying to go off of caffenine and drink plenty of water.  Worry is not good on our bodies.  I know that when we have crazy symptoms in our body, we tend to give into worry.  But I encourage you to try not to worry.  Worrying won't change anything other than contributing to making symptoms worse.  So try to get good sleep and do what you can do and see if that helps you.  Meanwhile, this will allow some time to pass.  If this is something significant, it will eventually reveal itself.
Fibromyalgia is a strong possibility.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.